Saturday, February 12, 2011

Not About Love?

Today I took a slew of photos for the head shot of the shop's monthly newsletter which appropriately mentions the upcoming Valentine's Day. I must confess, I've never been big on celebrating this day whether I was in a relationship or not. I don't discourage celebrating it, it's just not for me. I feel like love between people is hard and it takes a huge amount of work and patience. It's so big to me that I feel a day belittles it.

RakShniya Vintage // Not About Love?

I've had a difficult year, last Valentine's Day was spent (but not celebrated) with someone I really loved and have by now lost and as difficult break-ups often do, they make you think about your life - where you are and where you want to go, something I have been thinking a lot about especially since I graduated from the University.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I decided to try and focus on something far more important than being inlove with someone else and that's being Ok with myself. Loving yourself - that, and some other things will be the focus of my monthly newsletter.
If you're interested in joining my mailing list - feel free to send an email to rakshniyavintage [at] gmail dot com.

Have a great week.

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect sentiment Zohar! Thanks for this thoughtful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh there is not a truer fact is there? it just doesn't happen till we are ok with ourselves! I know you don't 'celebrate' it and I don't either really...but still have a lovely 14th! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, beautifully stated, Zohar! Love is about much more than a valentine one day out of the year, and I agree that loving yourself is most important.

    ReplyDelete