Friday, January 7, 2011

My Vintage Obsession: Suits/Sets

To be honest with you, I don't currently own one suit/set, vintage or not. I don't have a matching nothing - shirt+skirt, dress+bolero, jacket+pant or any other combo. I don't really know why, because I absolutly adore vintage suits/sets. I can't resist them. They seem so much more special to me than any other clothing item and I can't really explain it. It might have something to do with the fact I love to mix and match, or that I adore layering above all. There's an unexplained magic about things that match.

Short story: My mother often tells the tale (one of many that emberess me) of how when I was little, I matched every single item I wore. My mother would say something like: "She would drive me crazy! If she had a red shirt, the pants had to be red, and so did the socks and the shoes!". So I went to some of my old photo albums to find you proof and couldn't really find any for putting seperates together but HELLO - almost every picture I have as a child between, lets say, 2-6 years old, is of me wearing some kind of suit/set! That's kindda crazy.

Exhibit A:
Photobucket
Exhibit B:

Photobucket
And to top it all - Exhibit C:

Photobucket

I know, I'm adorable, can you handle it? By the way, that's my awesome sister Shira in the pictures with me. In the 3rd pictures, she is ALSO wearing a set. Not as hardcore as I was obviously.

ANYWAY, after prooving my deep connecting to suits/sets, let me exhibit the current suits/sets in my fantasy life. Viva La Suits/Sets! :

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. OMG - you were adorable!! Do you still have those glasses? And, you really should get yourself a suit!

    Great post; made me smile!

    Andi
    Raleigh Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...those glasses in the first photo make you look adorably nerdy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you my mother has those HUGE glasses stashed somewhere :)

    ReplyDelete