Monday, November 8, 2010

Welcome to the Family, Little One

I have'nt mentioned this here I think, but I have a small collection of vintage brooches I adore. Generally speaking I love brooches period. Really, this should be a post titled "My Vintage Obsession: Brooches", but I just wanted to share the newest addition to my little brooch family:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Isn't it lovely? As far as I know, it should be from the 60's(ish), might be even older than that. It's pretty simple and not made from any special material but it's just so pretty and I love it's rusty look and faded aqua color. Welcome little one, we shall treat you well as we are a loving family.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah it's an umbrella with what seems to be an oyster or shell attached to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! I thought the thing attached was a bag.. plus it looks older than 60s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol it does looks like a little bag. But it's a clam bag if anything :) It might be older that the 60s but I can't be sure.

    ReplyDelete