Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Movie I'm Waiting For

I've been hearing about Darren Aronofsky's Black Swan for a while and the buzz has been quite good and at the very least it should be unique because Aronofsky's been known to be a very intersting director (The Wrestler, The Fountain, Requiem for a Dream). Black Swan itself has Natalie Portman as it's lead actress (besides both of us being Israelis so, you know, Israeli pride and so, I think she's quite a wonderful actress) and the trailer is kind of crazy (in a good way). The poster for the movie has been stunning to being with but now more posters have been surfacing and they too are gorgeous. I think it says so much about a movie's aesthetics if the time is taken to create a poster that does'nt just feature the big-shots featured but also expresses something about what vibe the movie's going for. I hope the movie lives up to it's hype!

Older poster
Photobucket
Newer posters

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

  1. After seeing stunning trailers for this, I can't wait to see this either. I adore Natalie Portman....AND these incredible deco posters for the film you've posted here!!!!! Also, since Darren Aronofsky is the husband of Rachel Weisz, another of my fave actresses...wonder if she'll make a cameo appearance as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rachel Weisz as well! I don't know if she makes a cameo.. according to IMDB she does'nt appear in the movie, but who knows, maybe we'll be surprised :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are awesome movie posters! I hadn't heard about this film. The trailer is so great and creepy. And I love Vincent Cassel (and haven't seen Winona Ryder in a film in quite awhile!). Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, that looks intense, like it could be good though.

    ReplyDelete