Tuesday, October 19, 2010

AllenCompany Inc is Taunting Me!

It's so hard to find BLACK vintage (especially if it's from before the 1960s). I need to wear black everyday to work. Obviously I don't NEED to wear vintage but why wipe yourself out completely just because you need to wear a certain color? Allen Company inc is absolutely one of my favorite vintage shops (on Etsy and in general) and (the lovely) Kristina, it's owner, just made a huge black update to her shop. And I want them all but alas, the money fairy is not kind to me. Look at the goodies:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Really? I seem to find lots of it, but it seems to sell slowly, I think because I have a hard time photographing black items well.

    Love the fourth dress and the coat with the little fur shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen - I guess black vintage isn't very common in Israel. weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is awesome, what cool detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zohar, could it possibly be because it's so much warmer there? (I have now looked up Israel's climate info and realize I have a cliched view of Israelis in a desert clime wearing lots of breezy white/pale clothing! But as with any place, I suppose, this depends on *where* in Israel you live.)

    I've discovered it's always hardest to find the thing you most desire to find. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suddenyl realised I put up the same coat twice :)

    Karen - It is warmed here longer than it is let's say in the US or Europe but we have winter and wear layers and hats and scarves and boots :) I just wish it was here already. It's after mid-October ans I'm still wearing tanktops. And yeah a lot of people have camels and deserts in mind when thinking of Israel. But we're quite western I asure you :)

    And true!

    ReplyDelete