Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Vintage Obsession: Wooden Crates

I've decided to start a new feature here at Krinoline and that's to share with you what I secretly (well not REALLY secretly) lust for in bulks. I'm sure each and every one of you has at least one thing you can't not buy or add to your wishlist no matter how many have already be purchased or lusted after. The first obsession I'll share with you is my big lust for wooden crates.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Alas I have none yet, but I can't help but add every wooden crate I come across on my Etsy searches to my favorites - I can't really tell you what I'd do with them if I actually owned them but the options are endless: display, storage, planters...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

It does'nt really matter what size they are. I usually go for ones that have drawings, lettering or posters plastered on. It does'nt have to be of anything specific. It's just pretty. And I love them. And one day when I'm all grown up and will own an apartment of my own (or preferably with some love of mine) I'll have wooden crates hanging around.
Clicking on the pictures lead your straight to shop page.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This is a fun post, I too have a slight obsession with old wooden crates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! did you see? yours is up there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them too! I always keep an eye out for them while thrifting and have a few around the house that we use for storage and display.

    ReplyDelete