Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Vintage Obsession: Fitted Lace Dresses

Continuing this post, I've realized throughout the years that even though lace is a kind of stuffy/posh fabric, I am really really attracted to a certain type of fitted lace-covered dresses.

Photobucket
These dresses usually (as far as I'm familiar with them, or the one's I like anyway) come from the late 40's, the 50's and the early 60's, very 'Mad Men' in their look I guess (but I've liked them even before that show with it's horribly delicious wardrobe showed up). They are usually wiggle dresses but mostly they are just really fitted at the bodice - something that suits my body type perfectly.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I guess there's something very sexy in these dresses that makes my feline come out. It was actually much harder to find good examples of them on Etsy than I thought would be. I gave up after 40 pages.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I currently own and actively wear 2 dresses of this coveted category - I personaly think I hit the jackpot with one of them. Let me know what you think. I chose to wear it a little unconventionally for a photo-shoot a couple of years ago. My hair looks lovely. Just thought I'd throw that in..

Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. you look awesome! i love the way you styled it. perfect hard and soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the lace dresses right now too! Yours is super lovely and your hair does look quite gorgeous here :)

    ReplyDelete