Thursday, August 26, 2010

1970s?

I briefly read an article today in the fashion section of "Time Out Tel Aviv", claiming that this winters fashion is all about the 70s. I can't say I was very happy about this. I think the 70s are my least favorites when it comes to vintage clothing. I don't find myself very attracted to the fabrics, design or silhouettes and the whole disco vibe is defintaly not me. I went through my favorites list on Etsy and could only find two clothing items:

Photobucket
Photobucket

I can't really say they have the typical 70s look. Now, I do stock some 70s items in my shop, however these are all items I would wear, also they come from Israel and I don't think Israel went through a hardcore disco phase so "our" 70s are in a more day dress direction.

Well this is turning into a ramble - all I really wanted to say is I hope I find pretty things for winter even though it's 70s styled.

2 comments:

  1. Part of the 1970's was actually looking back at the fashion of the 1920's-1950's. I remember some peplum dresses and high waisted pants- Watch The Way We Were, it had an influence.
    Bonnie and Clyde came out in 1967 but contributed to an early 70's aesthetic and The Great Gatsby also had an influence as did Grease and American Graffiti in the mid to late 70's. Don't forget Punk! It wasn't all disco and Mary Tyler Moore, Rhoda and the Lawrence Welk singers in their high collared , long dresses :> Rusty Zipper has a nice varied collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Tera, it's obviovusly not all about disco, I guess I mostly mean that from all of the hundreds of clothing items I sift through daily (online and in real life) the 1970 are the less my style :)

    ReplyDelete