Saturday, July 24, 2010

Black is the New Black

I'm starting a new job on Monday. It actually has a lot of great potential especially with my tight schedule and need for a steady paycheck. It requires black clothes. I've always LOVED black, always. In fact my metal-head friends from highschool used to call me a blacker (a name heavy metal fans were called in my highschool) even though the 'heaviest' music I was listening to at the time was Tori Amos and Fiona Apple. The blacker nickname was appearntly because I used to wear black often. However, now when I will be "forced" into black everyday, and even a little fancy black because it's a quite a fancy workplace, I find I don't have much black in my closet and this surprises me. Looking through my very long wishlist on Etsy, I can't find much black there either.

When did I become so color-drawn? Where have my angsty and heavy outfits gone to? My emotions are still the same (sometimes even blah-er) and yet I find reds and yellows and blues and patterns and all kinds of color blends, but not much black. And since I don't want to wear just any kind of black but want to blend in my own vintage and layer-loving touches, I'll need to work on my black inventory if this job works out, and I'm hoping it will.

In the meanwhile - some of the most fabulous and wearable black items on my wishlist: (clicking the item sends you to the items shop page)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love black too, I think as I'm getting older I'm more drawn to black, grays and neutral. These are great black outfits btw. Good luck on your new job and how nice and convinient to wear black everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I guess it's good I need to wear only black but I wouldn't want to settle with simple black outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you zohar! i love this post and just might have to buy those pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Actually they would work wonderfully for you Lauren :) They are a great match to your style

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those pants too! I'm with you Zohar, there's not a whole lot of black going on in my wardrobe either, I'm also not into bright colors though, I like neutrals, muted tones and softer shades of color. Black is perfect for looking chic though and you've featured some lovely pieces here.

    Good luck with the new job, hope your first day went well! Good luck with building an interesting black wardrobe too ;)

    ReplyDelete