Saturday, May 1, 2010

A lot of my favorite blogs have been buzzing about Anthropologie's latest collection. I used to love Anthropologie because of their great aesthetics. I visited their site often, I'm also very pleased they now have an international shop and sell in Israeli shekels. I have'nt viewed one of their collections in a long while and decided to stop by and see what all the fuss was about.

To be honest, I feel disappointed. I understand this store caters to a more sophisticated, tailored and perhaps mature audience but obviously they are also trying to sell to a more youthful crowd or they wouldn't be using willowy 18 year old models - but it does'nt show. Even though their lingerie and shoe lines were great to look at, a lot of what I saw in their clothing line was just bland. It was difficult to find interesting uses of fabrics, colors and shapes (and don't even get me started on the price range, but hey they've always been expensive). However I do know Anthropologie puts an emphasis on make, fabric quality and design and I can appreciate that. I know my taste isn't everyone's taste but I feel that you're visiting my blog because you find something appealing about my fashion and artistic choices. So, I went through everything they had to offer (they even have 50's style cardigan category) and chose a nice selection of items for your viewing pleasure.



5 comments:

  1. I LOVE anthropologie. For some idiotic reason, when I passed by their store in NYC three years ago, I didn't step inside.

    The price ranges are INSANE indeed! Nonetheless, I've been coveting so many of their things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. did you notice that in the "Israeli" site they offer - there's no sales page [as opposed to their regular site]? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. just did a test...added **one** shirt to my basket, pressed checkout, the shirt costs 185 shekels, shipping? 205 shekels. enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait, the shipping alone is 205?!!!!!! that's INSANE!

    ReplyDelete