Sunday, April 11, 2010

In Memory Of

Tomorrow is the memorial day for the Holocaust. My family had quite a few of it's members murdered and it's been a part of my life in one way or another. I've been listening to the radio for the past couple of days, because I couldn't find any music I had that I was content with. Today I was especially pleased with the choice of music the radio has to offer because the songs are quieter and those kind of pretty songs you only get to hear once in a full moon. Israelis have a joke saying the radio on memorial days is the best because the most beautiful songs in Hebrew are sad (and those are the songs usually picked for memorial days). I guess that's true.
I was wondering whether or not I should even write about this subject. This blog isn't about Tikkun Olam, but this is part of my heritage and I think it's important to mention. So even by putting these Wikipedia links, I feel like I paying tribute in a way.
I guess the only artistic thing I could put here is Regina Spektors acapella version of "Halikha LeKesariya" that is a song written by Hanna Senesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment