Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In my room at my parents house, I have a shoe box and about 4-5 notebooks filled with songs I've been writing since I was about 12. Some have been composed, most haven't. I remember the second song I wrote and even remember how to sing it to this day - it was about my 6-7th grade boyfriend and how he made me feel, as if at that age I could even understand how love really felt. I wish things were as simple as that song now - simple in every aspect - innocent and clean of intrigues.

I wrote a song today, almost a year and a half after stopping. I don't really know why I stopped writing - it used to be like air for me. I guess going to university and dealing with a new hectic kind of life had a lot to do with it. The song I wrote isn't good by any means, it also does'nt really make sense. But I suppose it's a good sign. And a good outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment