Wednesday, October 28, 2009


I like taking walks, sometimes they turn into power-walks but generaly I like using my legs to roam around. I suppose it has a lot to do with the fact I grew up in a village but I feel that living in this city, that I love, Tel-Aviv, has made my fondness of walking even bigger. A nice thing about walking around is an ability to actually really look at things, whatever they are. I can't count the amount of times I spotted really weird/crazy/awesome/sweet thing just because I JUST went out walking, things I would never have seen if I was in a rush or not by foot. An extra thing walking around in a city gives you is a certain amount of voyeurism. Now don't get me wrong, I don't spy on people or anything like that, but you get a certain sense of wanting to look through the window-shades, even if they are 15 feet above you.
Since the last time I moved apartments (which was about a month and a half ago I guess) I've grown a thing for looking at buildings - Looking for an apartment does that to you (that and reading "Fountainhead"). I look at building enetries, mailboxes, porches (closed and open), plants who grow on these buildings or people who keep nice plants at their windows. I would walk around and say "I wanna live there" if I liked a certain feature of something I saw (whether the apartment itself was crappy or not was of no importance to me) and even though I live in a pretty cool apartment now, I still "look" for an apartment while walking around.
That's my little snippet of the day. The pictures about are of a pretty simple street in an area I really like. The building itself looks a little rundown but the vegetation is just bea-utiful.
Have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment