Friday, October 16, 2009

A good heritage

Recently, my moshav (which is sort of hebrew for "village") celebrated it's 60th birthday so we had this big show and exhibition of clothes and pictures and of sorts of agriculture oriented tools and among all these things I found something I hadn't seen before - a picture of my grandparents (who have both passed away quite a few years ago) at a dance or something of the sort.


Besides seeing a beautiful picture of a beautiful couple, I was so pleased in a silly way by how they were both dressed and drooled over my grandmother's outfit - the sheer tulle dress and strappy sandles that look so glamourous - even more so while knowing my grandparents were not wealthy people. I have a few of my grandmothers clothes but this dress has escaped me. I think though, that not being able to ask them about the event and the clothes now, after I've seen this picture, bugs me quite a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment